I wanted to read novels that were untranslated so I figured I would MTL and edit them myself and share it with others. As translations are done via MTL I can’t vouch for its accuracy. They are edited and fixed to provide a more cohesive and coherent reading experience but at the end of the day it’s done through a machine so don’t expect professional quality.
Join my discord server to talk about my projects and all things BL.
My Editing Style
- Translation are not direct. To achieve smooth flow and a better enhanced reading experience sentence structures are modified thus liberties are taken on some translations.
- For things that I cannot translate, footnotes are added with the original Chinese text in hopes that someone who can understand Chinese can assist me. I want to be 100% upfront about what I can and cannot translate instead of just making things up.
- I’ll stick as closely to what the author intention is when translating but on occasion I may make modification to the translations by either omitting things written, changing sentence structure or adding in text.
- Omissions – If things get too repetitive in the original text, I will omit them from the translation.
- Changing sentence structure – To make translation flow well, I may change the position of when the translation appears.
- Additions – I will sometime supplement the translation with additions of extra words in order to make the translation clearer. I will never add extra things to change the plot or the author’s intention.
- I usually Englishize my translation if it makes the translation flows better than the original text.
- Most terms are translated unless stated otherwise.
- For things that are important, I’ll leave footnote to provide more context so that you can understand the translation better, such as Chinese idioms and metaphors or references.
Rather than a translator, I’m more of an editor. The machine translate, I simply fix it. I hope you enjoy my translations and I’m always open for feedback (whether it positive or negative).
You can support me through my ko-fi. Thank you for your support!